Thursday, March 29, 2012

DIY Hand Sanitizer

This week I took a little road trip, and I noticed something.  I've been guilty of keeping a bottle of anti-bacterial hand sanitizer in my car, and I am ready to repent.  Because I often travel with my big stinky dog, some sort of cleaner is still needed.  I figured if this recipe is good enough for my kitchen counter top, surely it will work for hands:
  • 1 part white vinegar
  • 9 parts water
  • optional drops of lemon or rosemary oil
Sure it's a little wet (not like a gel), but you'll live. The trick was finding a spray bottle to fit in my car's cup holder. But I was glad to have it when the only thing available at the dog park was a port-a-potty!  I took the whole spray bottle in there with me! I even spritzed it on the car seats to get some of the dog smell out... turns out it's way more useful than that toxic antibacterial hand gel.

Toxic Rip-Offs... including hand sanitizer

No comments:

Post a Comment