Thursday, March 15, 2012

Green Smoothie, part 1

Now that warmer weather has finally come, I've been wanting to jump onto the Green Smoothie bandwagon.  My daily serving of vegetables used to come from a can of V8 which is (1) not organic and (2) in a can.  So I thought maybe an icy, fruity treat would help me get some veg into my diet.

The problem was that I forgot to buy the critical ingredient... green leafy stuff.  But I did have a tiny head of broccoli, so I googled a new recipe.  Into the blender went 1 banana, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup frozen blueberries, and a splash of OJ.

Firstly, I realized my blender doesn't work nearly as well as my food processor. Score One for the donation box... I'm all for getting rid of kitchen clutter.  Secondly, broccoli was a bad choice. I am "chewing" my smoothie at this very moment... no amount of blending seems to break up those tiny little green dots. Lesson learned.

Green Smoothie Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment